DIY Halloween Decorations With Household Items: While studying in any foreign country, partying on Halloween day acts as a curiosity. So, are you ready to party hard on World Halloween Day on 31st October? Are you ready for the bonfires to ward off spirits from your home? However, due to your tight budgets and no cash in hand, are you going to drop your idea? Wait, Here is a chance to celebrate your Halloween day in a pocket-friendly manner. Let’s explore the best DIY Halloween Decorations with household items. Trust me, the last one is the most amazing one.
This Blog Includes:
Are you looking for details about daylight savings while studying abroad, refer to our blog: Everything You Need To Know About Daylight Saving In The UK As An International Student
Grab Some Unused Items from the Kitchen
Do you have empty and unused utensils lying in your kitchen? Give them a chance and turn them into incredible decor items for your home.
- Clean jugs or glasses with handles or cups
- Black permanent markers
- White string lights
- Wash the jugs and glasses properly.
- Use permanent markers to draw various things.
- A hole (can be done with the help of a hot knife) or handles can be used to insert strings.
- Insert the white string lights into the holes to make the holder.
- Hang them in the corners of your living area.
- Decorate the walkway, by keeping it on the floor.
Haunting Flying Bats
Bats are considered to be the most classic symbol for the decoration of Halloween. It is as easy to make as it is common in the decor of the house.
- Black paper
- Take the black paper and create a template.
- Fold a piece of paper in half
- Draw half bat on the paper
- Cut out the black paper in the shape of a half bat.
- Symmetrical cutting is required for perfect decor.
- Attach a piece of string to each bat.
- Hang them from your ceiling.
- Try to adjust the position accordingly.
- Try to create positions with a dynamic and eerie effect.
Use Unused Frames or Mirrors
Do you have some broken mirrors or photo frames in your home? Grab a chance to convert them into haunted frames for the upcoming Halloween party.
- An old unused frame
- Black or grey colour for spray painting
- Black lace fabric
- Old sheer curtains
- Pain the frame with the help of spray paint.
- The colour of the frame should be black or grey.
- Cut out the lace fabric according to the frame.
- Attach black lace fabric to the backside of the frame.
- You can also use curtains on the back side of the frame.
- Hang the framed haunted mirror on your wall.
Halloween Window Silhouettes
Using silhouettes is the most easiest and preferable way for Halloween decor. Try using your unused black fabric or black paper for the subtle Halloween decor.
- Black paper
- Black fabric
- Cut out Halloween shapes from fabric or paper.
- Witches, cats, and ghosts are some of the easy cuttings.
- Attach these shapes to your windows and create a spooky effect.
- You can also paste them on the walls as well.
Wickedly Witchy Broomsticks
Did you know that you can use your unused brooms for the purpose of decoration as well? Try converting your waste-off brooms into wicked witches.
- An old broomstick
- Twigs or straw
- Black ribbon
- Decorative spiders or bats
- Make a bunch of broomstick.
- Tie it with the help of a wire.
- Make a bundle of straws.
- Secure the bundle of straws over a bunch of broomsticks.
- Design it with the help of a black ribbon.
- Add decorative spiders or bats.
- Hang it on the entrance door of your house.
- You can also lean them against the wall.
If you are studying abroad and seeking the best home decor ideas, refer to our blog 5 Budget-Friendly Home Decor Ideas For A Lively Student Accommodation
The best idea for easy homemade Halloween decorations is to decorate with scary and realistic bats.
You can use LED lights in your theme to make Halloween decorations more creative and beautiful. String lights can be used for a glowing effect.
Most of the decorations don’t require any crafting experience. You just need basic skills like cutting and glueing to decorate your home.
The decoration for any particular event or festival should not be as expensive as the decor of the home in general. It should be done in a pocket-friendly manner with more creativity, love, and charm. With the help of the above ideas, try to transform your living area and let your imagination run wild with these DIY Halloween decorations with household items. Have a blast. Happy Halloween!
For booking the best accommodation abroad to start your study abroad experience you can contact Fly Homes at 1800572118.
|5 Incredible Dorm Room Decor Ideas For This Festive Season
|4 Soothing Theme-Based Room Decor Ideas
|5 Creative Travel-Inspired Room Decor Ideas
|Room Decor Tips: Adding A Cultural Touch
|Plant Decor Tips For Your Dorm Room
Follow Us on Social Media